Monday, June 1, 2009

No Tan Lines



Happy Monday y'all! Today marks the first day of National Sun Safety Week so remember to wear your sunscreen. We Fritter Chicks have had so much sun over the years, we are starting to get "barnacles". That is what our momma calls them. Those brown "old age" sunspots that tend to look like something that belongs on The Black Pearl! But, we just can't help it. Fritters look better with a healthy glow! Plus, we are going to be honest here: Our secret desire is to lay on the beach naked and have no tan lines. The warmth of the sun, the breezy feel on your skin, however, our fellow beachgoers may not appreciate that. There is not a nude beach close to us for miles. Although there is a nudist camp in the woods nearby. I just can't picture us Fritters being exposed to all those mosquito bites. Our advice is this: when you want to get naked, stay home and have some "No Tan Lines" in your own kitchen!

No Tan Lines

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
2 teaspoon capers, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled

Mix mayonnaise, parsley, capers and oregano in medium bowl. Add shrimp; stir gently until well blended. Cover. Refrigerate until chilled and ready to serve.

4 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I could eat shrimp every day with your recipes ladies!

Prissy Southern Prep said...

I just adore your blog!! You girls are too funny!!

Monica said...

I love Shrimp...and Spicy crawdaddies!

Hey thanks for stopping by my blog...I am so glad you did otherwise I might not have found your southern blog. Naw, I would have found it. :) I love your blog!

Posh Peach said...

I was laying out yesterday and wishing I wouldn't have tan lines :) I made sure to pile on the sunscreen though!