Friday, May 15, 2009

Sweet Tea is better than ___________.

Happy Friday! To kick off the weekend, we are going to let you in on our little secret. A good glass of Southern Sweet Tea is, at most times, better than ______________. We’ll let you fill in your own blank.

Sweet Tea

6 tea bags regular size (we like Black Tea)
4 Cups of cold water
2 Cup of sugar

Place the 4 cups water in a pot and bring to a boil. Then add your tea bags. Remove from heat and let steep for about fifteen minutes.
Remove from heat and pour tea into empty gallon tea pitcher. Add your sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
Fill the pitcher up to the top with more water and ice until the tea reaches the top.

Taste the tea while it is still warm. If not sweet enough for your tastes, add some more sugar before the tea gets too cold so that sugar will dissolve!

10 comments:

Miss Sweet Tea said...

Ooh - thanks for the great recipe! I always make my sweet tea differently every time...it'd be nice to have exact measurements instead of a scoop of sugar here and there!!! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Love sweet tea..reminds me of my relatives in N. Carolina.

Virginia Southern Belle said...

I will pass this recipe to my husband. You have a lot of good ones! I absolutely love sweet tea. ( :

possumfritter said...

Oh shoot...you are wantin recipes. Well, out here in Oklahoma we use a jug, grab the garden hose and fill it with water (not that bottled stuff), drop in 5 tea bags, and let it set out in the sun all day. Bring it in when momma hollars the chicken fried steak is ready, add a hefty cup of sugar, fill yer cup up with ice and pour ya a glass full.

Posh Peach said...

OH I just love a nice cold glass of sweet tea!!

Nicki said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog on my SITS day!! LOVE sweet tea... it's the best!

Julie said...

Love some sweet tea! I try to use splenda these days...I know it's wrong.
Stopping by to welcome you to the SITS community :)

Carma Sez said...

Isn't sweet tea great! Never had it till we moved to the South.

Stoppin' by from SITS to say "hi" and welcome. I know that you will enjoy being a part of this vibrant community of bloggers!
carma :-)

Sandy said...

I love a good glass of sweet tea!

I stopped by to welcome you to SITS! It's great to have you in the SITStahood:0)

Shannon said...

Bless your little hearts! I do not twitter, but ya'll are cute and I will be back!