Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Drinking Rum and Coca-Cola

Any of you heard the Andrews Sisters song: Drinking Rum and Coca-Cola? We heard it from our parents growing up. Imagine our surprise when we saw an old recipe for an adult version of a "Coke Float". That would be a Rum and Coca-Cola Float! It's delicious and great in the summer! Even more so if you play their song while you sip it with a big straw!


Place 2 scoops of the rum flavored ice cream in a frosted/cold glass. (You can use vanilla ice cream or cherry ice cream if you can't find the rum flavored).

SLOWLY pour the Coca Cola over the ice cream. You can use Diet Coke too! It will fizz and foam and may overflow from the glass. That's where you come in! Slurp it ladies before it runs down the glass!

Now add a splash of Rum and insert your straw!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe they serve this drink in heaven...

That of course is why I plan on going there.

= )

Kelly said...

This may be the best thing ever. But where exactly do you go to buy rum flavored ice cream? Does it exist? And if so, why I'm I just now finding out about it??!

Beth said...

My mom used to fix me and my siblings Coke Floats when we were kids. Thanks for the reminder. I haven't had one in years! Now I'm going to go fix one of for my little girl :)

addicted to life said...

Hi :)
I'm addicted to coca cola :)
I drink cola with vodka, cola wich coffee, cola with ice cream...
great taste!

Blueprint PR and Design said...

This brings me back to vacations at the beach when I was 7 BIG TIME. Love coke floats, and love coke floats with rum even more!

Carma Sez said...

looks divine! BTW, you were following me on my second blog, that I have now consolidated with my main blog, if you would like to follow me there. No obligation 'course! :D

Beth Dunn said...

sounds yummy xoxo

The Little Miss said...

I will try this and let you know!!!!!! Sounds so good

Please come check out my blog to enter my current giveaway @ littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com

I hope you choose to follow me because we try to have a new giveaway every Monday and I wouldn't want you to miss out :)
xo
Priscila

Prissy Southern Prep said...

I miss y'all - where did ya go?!

Monica said...

YUM!!! I'll be slurping that this weekend!

Just Stopping by to say hello and thank you for following my blog. I will be blogging more often in 2011.

I hope you have a blessed Christmas and a Prosperous New Year!